Highlights from the portfolio of the greatest investor of our time.
- American Express Co. (NYSE: AXP) over 151.6 million shares, same as last quarter.
- Bank of America Corp. (NYSE: BAC) 5 million shares; same as last quarter.
- Becton Dickinson & Co. (NYSE: BDX) 1.2 million shares, same as last quarter.
- Burlington Northern Santa Fe (NYSE: BNI) was reported as 76.77 million shares but frankly it does not really matter as BNSF is becoming part of Berkshire.
- Carmax Inc. (NYSE: KMX) 9 million shares is same as last quarter.
- Coca Cola Co. (NYSE: KO) right at 200 million shares, still same as before.
- Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) 12 million shares, same as before.
- Comdisco Holdings (NASDAQ: CDCO) roughly 1.5 million shares, same as before.
- ConocoPhillips (NYSE: COP) 57.43 million shares,
DOWN FROM62.485 million at the end of June.
- Costco Wholesale (NASDAQ: COST) 5.254 million shares, same as before.
- Exxon Mobil Corp. (NYSE: XOM) is a NEW HOLDING of 1.276 million shares.
- Gannett Co. (NYSE: GCI) 3.447 million shares, same as before.
- General Electric Corp. (NYSE: GE) 7.777 million shares is the same as before, but does not include the huge preferred investment from late 2008.
- GlaxoSmithKline (NYSE: GSK) 1.51 million shares, same as before.
- Home Depot Inc. (NYSE: HD) 2.757 million, same as last quarter.
- Ingersoll-Rand (NYSE: IR) 636,600 shares;
WAY DOWNfrom the 7.78 million listed last quarter.
- Iron Mountain (NYSE: IRM) 3.3722 million shares, same as before.
- Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ) was just over 36.91 million shares; Same as last quarter and still well under the 62 million shares at one point in 2008.
- Kraft Foods (NYSE: KFT) over 138 million; same as last quarter.
- Lowe’s Companies (NYSE: LOW) 6.5 million shares, same as last quarter.
- M&T Bank Corp. (NYSE: MTB) 6.71 million shares, same as before.
- Moody’s (NYSE: MCO) was listed as over 39.2 million shares, but that is
WAY DOWNfrom the 48 million last quarter. Be advised that he has noted sales and hinted at more sales here.
- Nalco Holding (NYSE: NLC) 9.0 million shares, same as last quarter.
- Nike Inc. (NYSE: NKE) 7.641 million shares, same as before.
- Norfolk Southern (NYSE: NSC) 1.933 million shares, same as before, but we already know Buffett has or is selling out of non-BNSF shares in rail companies.
- NRG Energy (NYSE: NRG) 7.2 million, same as before.
- Eaton Corp. (NYSE: ETN) was
NOT LISTED ANY LONGER, so sold from holdings.
- Procter & Gamble (NYSE: PG) 96.3 million, the same as before.
- Republic Services Inc. (NYSE: RSG) 3.625 million shares; NEW POSITION following Bill Gates.
- Sanofi Aventis (NYSE: SNY) more than 3.9 million shares, same as before.
- Sun Trust Bank (NYSE: STI) 3.079 million shares; DOWN FROM 3.2+ the quarter before.
- Torchmark Corp. (NYSE: TMK) roughly 2.82 million, same as before.
- Travelers Cos (NYSE: TRV) 27,336; NEW POSITION but small.
- US Bancorp (NYSE: USB) roughly 69 million; Same as quarter before.
- USG Corp. (NYSE: USG) 17.072 million shares, same as before.
- United Health Group (NYSE: UNH) 3.4 million shares; DOWN from 4.5 million last quarter and down from over 6 million in Q1.
- Union Pacific Corp. (NYSE: UNP) 9.55 million shares, same as quarter before but this does not matter as Buffett is dumping his non-BNSF rail holdings.
- United Parcel Service (NYSE: UPS) 1.429 million shares, same as before.
- Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (NYSE: WMT) 37.8 million; WAY UP from the 19.9+ million shares last quarter.
- Washington Post (NYSE: WPO) over 1.72 million shares, same as before.
- Wells Fargo & Co. (NYSE: WFC) 313.3 million shares; ABOVE THE PRIOR 302+ million last quarter and above the 290+ million in Q1.
- Wellpoint Inc. (NYSE: WLP) 3.394 million;
DOWN SLIGHTLYfrom the 3.5 million last quarter and from the 4.7773 million in Q1.
- Wesco Financial Corp. (NYSE: WSC) 5.7 million shares, same as before.
- WABCO Holdings (NYSE: WBC) IS GONE after being 2.7 million shares last quarter.